Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Spontaneous Inuman and Combustion

“… Eat, drink and be merry… for tomorrow we die…”
So the song says…
Yesterday was a trip. An ordinary day turned unique so to speak.
Started of as a normal day, went to a client in the morning then everything just picked up from there. Went to Makati next to bring chocolates, then I went home. I thought my day was going to end there, but nighttime gave another story.
When the sun went out, so did my PC. I thought it was busted up again (as usual) so I called my Nazi friend to fix my computer. On his way to our place, he ran over an old dog. When he got to our place he called up the dog’s owner (well… he knew the owner of the dog) and they decided to bury it. So we marched off to the scene of the crime in the middle of the night, armed with a hoe and two shovels. They started to dig beside a cluster of banana trees in a vacant lot. I was watching three men digging a grave amidst the foliage under the peaking moon and night sky. It was a sight!
It was the first time I ever participated in burying something in the middle of the night. Something someone I know killed no less! We were even joking about that topic and of him killing enemies and us burying people instead. Some sick, private jokes… hehehe…
So after that scenario we went back to my place, now armed with beers, and planned to drink the night away. For old times’ sake because we don’t hang out as often these days so we decided to make the most of that night. Plus, this new story will be a fine addition sa aming mga kwentong barkada.
I thought that was all the stories for that day, I’m glad I was wrong. Before we started our session, I was on the phone… and surprisingly, it turned to a lengthy conversation. “All the more reason to celebrate…” My kabarkada said as he cheerfully toasted his drink before midnight struck. Yes, it was indeed a note-worthy day. Indeed it was.
As hours went on, so did music passed through our ears. And at one time, he played “Tripping Billies” and that line got stuck in my head:
“… Eat, drink and be merry… for tomorrow we die…”
Eat, drink and be merry. We’ll never know what will happen next. The dog died just like that. It can be any one of us. Eat, drink and be merry. For tomorrow we can die.
So were merry, we drank… and by early morning… we looked for something to eat. We traveled to Fairview’s famous shawarma, but alas, we were late by 10 minutes! (10 freakin’ minutes… but it was ok… joy ride! Hehehe…) Then we started to crave for Wendy’s, and again to no avail. So Jollibee 24 hours it is. Joy ride!!! I even saw an old friend there, a member of Paramita (Check them out! Hehehe…) and I asked for gig scheds. Wow… more places to go to…
So it was six in the morning, I have to meet up with a friend-slash-business-partner by 9:30 am (she was already panicking that I was still up) about our project. No worries here. I was just making the most out of that seemingly-ordinary-day-turned-special.
“… So eat, drink and be merry… for tomorrow we die…”

No comments: