Thursday, March 20, 2014

20-3-14

You are so far away -
- and you have taken my heart with you.
Did you notice that thumping lump by your feet?
Following your steps?
Every heart beat now is too distant, too weak and too far -
far enough that I can't feel my life for years now.
and my body sinks deeper in the grave -
made by my endless walking - in circles -
on the place we once made life.
Trudging again and again -
'til the footprints are six feet deep -
- and I am buried - again and again.
The drudgery of emotions -
- once the prize of my life -
now stands as a haunting relic that stares me each night in the face -
speaks to me in its ghostly whispers:
"Where is she?"
And I wait in the restless, deafening silence.
"Will she come back?"
I lay still and dead to the world that has past me by.
"She will not return -"
"She will not come for you -"
" - nor - will she ever seek you."
The truth echoes in the endless pit where my heart once was.
Yet -
- there -
- still -
 - I wait -
- for you. -
- always -
Untiring, unending march of hope for you -
whom once I called - life -
I wait on you -
- For it never was a choice.

-  It was a promise.


No comments: